"I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reasons, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use" -Galileo Galilei

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation" - Oscar Wilde

Friday, May 23, 2008

Guns Don't Kill People, Dangerous Minorities Do


On May 22, someone posted more than 200 racist flyers throughout the streets of Drexel Hill, PA and police said they want whoever is responsible to step forward. "I was angry. I was truly angry when I saw these," Upper Darby
Police Chief Michael Chitwood said. "These two are what I call race-baiting type flyers."

The flyers show pictures of white slain police officers and the black men accused of killing them.
But what's written on the flyers is why Chitwood called them racist hate material.

"Guns don't kill people dangerous minorities do," the flyers read.

And another flyer warned, "North Philadelphia is coming to your neighborhood, bringing drugs, crime and graffiti."

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I saw this flyer about a week or so ago. I couldn't believe it, but then again I could. This is our society and how they feel about minorities, particularly African American Males. Sad.

Anonymous said...

More like Guns kill people in the hands of dangerous people. But, we have to remember that the easy access to guns allow people to use them to kill people.