"I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reasons, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use" -Galileo Galilei

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation" - Oscar Wilde

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Questions I struggle with...

Sometimes, I feel that I am alone in my struggle with this thing we call life....Organized religion has never been the answer for me. Yet, I have always believed that there is a creator.

To even begin to "scratch the surface" of who I am, you have HAVE to know the questions that I struggle with on a daily, if not constant, basis. I only ask that you do not judge me for having the questions that many people are afraid to ask.



Questions I struggle with on a daily basis:

Is there truly life after death? (The only question that REALLY matters...If there is nothing [no thing] or no existence beyond this life, to me, there is truly is no reason to even exist now. What would be the point? Would it be to get as much pleasure out of a pointless existence that could end at any moment? That would suck.....If there is nothing beyond this life, and upon my death, my existence and consciousness ceases to exist, then I imagine that I would not even be aware that there is no afterflife. Yet, that rationale gives me NO comfort whatsoever. I tend to belive that there is another life for all of us in a spiritual realm after we cease to exist in this physical world. In that spiritual world, I believe that we are just as conscious as we are are in this world.)

How did our consciousness and existence REALLY come about?

Why do we have to die?

What REALLY happened to the dinosaurs?

Are all people created equal?
(I am leaning towards "no")


What is truly "right or wrong?" (Different cultures have different "norms"...)

Is there an end to the universe? (If I drove a space ship in the same direction, would I ever come to an end? How could there not be an end to the universe? But then, on the other hand, how could there be an end? Or, once you get to the end, do you simply find yourself back where you started from?

Why is there existence versus non-existence?

Is there a point to anything?
(I just can't believe that our reality is "not for nothing")

Why can't we get past religious differences? (I mean...Is there really a RIGHT religion?

Is there a "right" religion?

Why does there have to be different races? (Life would be so much easier if we were all of the same race. One of my hopes for the future is that all races interbreed until their is only one race: the human race.)

Why do some of my questions OFFEND you?

In the future, I will attempt to share some of my thoughts regarding many of those questions and more.

I know that many might say that I am asking questions that can never be answered. That might be true. But, they are among the questions that define my existence... Some simply want to know the answers, but I NEED to know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need Jesus!